128 year old Salt Lake Temple time capsule opened

in Salt Lake City

SALT LAKE CITY — 128 years ago on April 6, 1892, President Wilford Woodruff, the fourth president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints laid the capstone of the Salt Lake Temple by pressing a button that activated an electric motor to lower the capstone and the 12-foot 5-inch statue of the angel Moroni into place atop the temple’s eastern spire.

Laying that spherical stone signified the end of 39 years of construction. The building would be dedicated a year later. Inside were placed four packages wrapped in silk oilcloth: one in the north, south, east and west parts of the capstone.

Continue Reading on kslnewsradio.com